Helpline Services is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This accessibility statement applies to http://www.callhelpline.org.uk/.
This website is not compliant with WCAG 2.1 AA. The non-compliances are listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible and is therefore non-compliant with the accessibility regulations for the following reason(s):We know some elements of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of some text
- some pages and document attachments are not clearly written
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some of the design cannot be overridden by personal settings for colours, fonts, etc
- the design does not adapt effectively to changes in the window size or level of zoom
- there are parts that are difficult or impossible to understand or use with a screen reader
- there are parts that are difficult or impossible to reach or use without a mouse or by touching the screen
- some of the text may not be written in plain English
- some of the link text does not describe its purpose
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 27th September 2020.
The statement was last reviewed on 27th September 2020.